Emotional abuse of the child in conflict divorce
Workshop coordinator: Geanina Cucu Ciuhan, PhD., Professor of Psychology at the University of Pitești and Assoc. Professor at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Psychology.
Date and time: Thursday, November 7th, 11:15- 13:15
Location: Faculty of Sociology and Social Work, 90 Panduri Street, Sector 5, Bucharest
1. To develop the knowledge and skills necessary for the social and psychological assistance of children in families in conflict situations of divorce.
2. Know the main ways and tools used in the social and psychological assessment of the child and family in divorce situations.
3. Develop an effective social and psychological intervention strategy in the best interests of the child.
Methods: PowerPoint presentation, application exercises, case studies.
1. Forms of psychological abuse on the child in situations of conflict divorce.
2. Strategies for identifying emotional abuse on the child. Sources of error.
3. Effects of psychological abuse on emotional and behavioral development of the child. Case studies.
4. Strategies of social and psychological intervention in the best interests of the child, adapted to situations of conflict divorce.
About the trainer
Geanina Cucu Ciuhan, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology at the University of Pitesti, Romania, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Social Sciences and Psychology, and Associated Professor at the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Department of Psychology. She teaches classes in the field of clinical psychological assessment and psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults and couples.
Dr. Cucu-Ciuhan is also a chartered psychotherapist and clinical psychologist in private practice, with main specializations in experiential-humanistic psychotherapy, emotion focused therapy and ericksonian approaches in hypnotherapy. She is member of the Romanian Board of Psychologists, Commission of Educational Psychology and Vocational Counseling.
Her main interests’ areas include: evidence-based research in child and adolescent clinical psychology and psychotherapy, emotion-focused therapy for individuals and couples, emotional disorders in children and trauma, neurodevelopmental disorders in children and adolescents.
* Social workers participating in the workshop are eligible to receive 2 professional credits from the National College of Social Workers in Romania.
Information on how to register for this workshop available here.